After a year-long delay, due to the restrictions caused by the pandemic, the “Shape of Success” Budapest Airport Awards Gala was held in the last days of April. All the awarded companies contributed to the success of Liszt Ferenc International Airport which became – for the 8th time – the best airport in the region offering the best quality services in Central and Eastern Europe.
During the years of the epidemic, the company operating Liszt Ferenc International Airport has spent more than 200 million Euros – more than 70 billion Forints – on development and sustainability. Capacity-building, infrastructure and sustainability, as well as digital and background improvements to the passenger experience, have been implemented at the airport. The results of the investments are also reflected in the feedback of the passengers. In the last quarter of 2021 and the first quarter of 2022, Budapest Airport achieved the highest scores among its regional competitors in the international passenger satisfaction survey – we learned from Budapest Airport.
Budapest Airport has recently taken serious steps to maintain its carbon-neutral operation and to achieve its sustainability goals. The company further reduced its direct CO2 emissions last year, which fell to half compared to the level ten years ago, and emission per passenger is only one-third of the 2011 levels.
“Quality and an excellent passenger experience are essential to us. Not only is it our job to get our passengers safely from the entrance to the plane, but it is also important what kind of travel experience they had before boarding, which begins long before the passenger arrives at the airport. Each of our partner companies has a big role to play in the experiences of our passengers while travelling and when using our services, ”- said Chris Dinsdale, CEO of Budapest Airport Zrt., at the Gala.
The awarded companies
- Trading partner of the year 2021: Magyar Duty-Free Kft. – Heinemann Duty Free shop / SkyCourt
- Service partner of the year 2021: Universal Medical Solution Ltd. – COVID-19 Test Center
- Greenairport Partner of the Year 2021: FCC Hungary Environmental Protection and Waste Management Ltd.
- Media partner of the year 2021: Airportal.hu
- Best Developing Dedicated Cargo Airlines 2021: Qatar Airways Cargo
- Best Developing Express Parcel Partner 2021: DHL Express
- The airline with the highest occupancy 2021: SunExpress
- Largest airline 2021: Ryanair
- Best new airline partner 2021: flydubai
- Best Airline Marketing 2021: Qatar Airways
- The fastest returning airline in 2021: KLM
- Airport Service Partner of the Year 2021: Airport Services
- Outstanding direct customer service during COVID 2021: Airport Police Directorate
- Most flexible facility maintenance partner 2021: AFM
Airport Service Partner of the Year
The winner of the “Airport Service Partner of the Year” category was Airport Service Zrt. The company’s main activity is airport cleaning, performed by B+N Referencia Zrt.
“We are very proud of the award, it is a worthy recognition of the outstanding quality of work of our colleagues. Our company is a specialist in airport cleaning in the Central and Eastern European region. In addition to Budapest Airport, we are also responsible for the cleanliness of Prague’s Vaclav Havel Airport,” – told Ferenc Kis-Szölgyémi, CEO of B+N, adding that at the airport, the company maintains an area of 80,000 sqm, which is made up of a variety of surfaces.
Passengers love robots
There are 8 autonomous industrial cleaning robots working in the airport area, setting new trends in the industry. The equipment, named ROBIN R3000, was designed by B+N’s research and development department. The device allows efficient cleaning of continuous, large areas. The favourites of the travelling public, ROBINs, will also be unveiled at Prague Airport in the near future.